Monday 6 September 2010

Episode 4: In which alles läuft nach Plan!

So, things seem to have fallen into place, after much stressing out about a lack of place to live and a seemingly endless stay in the hostel ahead of me, I've found a house. It's a 3-bedroomed house about 10mins cycle from the city-centre (what other way is there of measuring distance here in the Netherlands?!)  I shall be living with two people whom I met in the hostel, an Italian and a German. We will hopefully be moving in tomorrow, should everything go to plan. Today, we went to ikea to pick up a few essentials, and then stopped off an excellent second-hand shop, where we're going to pick up a couch etc. My room is quite large, I'd guess at maybe 30m2 or so, so there's plenty of scope for making it my own little place for the year.

Finding a house has definitely made me feel much more positive about this year, as I was having some doubts especially after what seemed like an eternity spent living in the hostel with no end in sight. Plus, the fact I've made some friends means the lack of contact with people my age has been avoided! Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment