Thursday 9 September 2010

Episode 6: In which I have my first day

I had a meeting today in the school where I'll be working with my mentor teacher. After turning up at the wrong building, I still managed to make it bang on time (remembering the lesson we'd had about how it was standard for the dutch to turn up early going on in the back of my mind!). My mentor teacher took me to the staffroom where he introduced me to literally everyone, then proceeded to take me round school and show me where everything is, including teachers in their rooms (he just shouted at them to come say hello). Everyone seems ridiculously friendly, far more so than in Austria. They actually seem to want to spend time with you here and they're enthusiastic! A refreshing change from the Össis! They made a list of furniture I'm lacking and posted it on the noticeboard (along with a big note saying HIJ HEEFT OOK EEN FIETS NODIG! He needs a bike too!). It seems every friday they have TGIFriday drinks, from 14.30 onwards...bear in mind the school day doesn't finish until 4 and I think you'll agree it doesn't seem like much gets done around here on a friday.

All in all in seems like a really nice school, friendly pupils and friendly teachers, people whom I can actually see myself wanting to spend time with, which will be a refreshing change!

No comments:

Post a Comment