Saturday 13 November 2010

Episode 17: In which Andy spends saturday night listening to melodramatic music and feeling sorry for himself

Spotify, quite possibly one of the world's greatest inventions (take that sliced bread/electricity/the bicycle), works here in the Netherlands - a fact which pleases me greatly. Tonight, being Saturday, I am of course out with all my friends having a good time. Oh wait...

In reality, I am sitting at home scanning through what passes for television in the Netherlands and listening to melodramatic music by the likes of Sigur Rós and Radiohead - generally not conducive to a good mood. The never ending rain generally limits what you can do, especially if you don't fancy spending your hard earnt euros on sitting in a café. I seem to only leave the house these days to go to work, go the gym and on a friday to go to the TGIF drinks at school. On every single one of those occasions I end up soaked right through, which is a real dampener on your mood, believe me!

I am really craving a bit of Sheffield at the moment. Granted I'm looking at all the photos of final year on alpine:penguin's facebook through rose-tinted glasses, but I really miss that place and its people. Still, fingers crossed and thumbs pressed for me getting accepted onto my MA for next year. The application has been submitted, now I just have to wait 4 weeks to find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment