Monday 22 November 2010

Episode 19: In which Andy becomes a wordsmith in foreign...

Hij komt, hij komt, 
de lieve goede Sint...

Sinterklaas is here in the Netherlands, after having arrived in Harderwijk on his steam boat from Spain, with his blacked-up 'Peters'. A thoroughly modern festival. To celebrate, the teachers hold a very special borrel* where everyone has to bring in a present and a poem. This has resulted in me spending time which should quite probably have been spent planning lessons to prepare my poem. This is what I have so far:

Nieuw op de Nassau, maar ook in deze natie,
Ik wou Andy tonen deze Hollandse celebratie
Zijn inburgeringscursus gaat door met behulp van mijn Pieten,
Als je je geen zorgen maakt over vetten, dan haal je wat frieten,
En erop moet je zetten de helft van dit pakje,
de andere deeltje is een echt engels drankje


I still need to round it off with two lines, so if any NL-sprekers out there wish to contribute then be my guest! I intend to buy a box of Yorkshire Tea and a jar of vinegar on my trip to London on Saturday.



*(TGIF drinks)

No comments:

Post a Comment