Saturday 20 November 2010

Episode 18: In which Andy bakes a cake

Tis the season to be jolly, fa la la la la and all that jazz. 

So, for the first time (and pretty much forced into it by my housemate) I have started to make a christmas cake. I have never attempted this before, but thanks to a young man who shall remain nameless, I have a recipe which is destined for success. 

 the goods

Turns out you need to feed it with alcohol weekly whilst it matures. Is it possible that I've found a cake not dissimilar from me?!

over 1kg of fruit

In other news, I spent thursday evening eating and drinking large quantities of Heineken and generic shots with the twintigers (those teachers under 30), literal dancing to lady gaga and marching around a bar to this. The dutchification process is well and truly underway AND I managed not to fall off my bike on the way home...almost. At least this time, it was more a slight overbalance and resulted in no injuries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment